Sunday, May 23, 2010

Packing list

Two days til the impending travel date, and doom is already upon us-- I've graduated! In packing up my entire four years of college history into 5 suitcases (and a box for my books to be usps-ed home), I have managed to condense my packing list for three months in Turkey into the following:

1 Black below-knee length skirt
1 knee-length khaki
4 t-shirts of various colors
1 long-sleeve blue
2 pairs of shorts
2 spaghetti-strap shirts
1 tank
1 dress shirt
1 plaid button-down shirt
2 pair spandex shorts
1 pair long black pants
10 pairs of socks
various other underclothing

1 bathing suit
1 wrap cloth (for mosques)
1 mouth guard (for rugby)

and very few other items. I took out two of my texts that we've used as a class, as they're accessible online. My packing list is quite short, considering I'll be in Turkey all summer. Hand-washing is to be my method of cleaning (unless I'm extremely lucky that there's a washing machine in the apartment in Istanbul), and the precondition for all these items is that I can part with them all fairly easily in case they are stolen, ripped, etc. It will be very interesting to see what survives the summer....

Well! New York City today, JFK at noon, and on the airplane to Istanbul by 4:40 PM. Til tomorrow

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment